Fraudulent recruitment / employment offers
It has come to our attention that, individuals misrepresenting themselves as Codesign Technologies’ HR manager or representatives have approached people to offer fraudulent/fictitious employment opportunities such as Job offer and/or training for position as ‘Accounts Receivable Specialist’ or other position(s), with the intent to steal personal information or solicit money from people. We encourage you to exercise caution and common sense when receiving any such employment offer, which requires payment of any fees/money, or promises a job in exchange for money. The said offers are completely fake and not valid. Codesign Technologies Inc. is not a Recruitment agency and does not offer recruitment services. Scammers operate primarily via the internet, email, phone etc. We warn people to beware of such scams. Recent job offer scam we came to know is using a name as Lisa Wan, we don’t have anyone in our company with this name. If you receive any email or call from such person offering any job or training at Codesign Technologies Inc. then please consider it as scam and don’t respond to their email.
Please be advised that, Codesign Technologies Inc. is a web design and digital marketing company based in Calgary, Alberta. Neither Codesign Technologies nor its representatives will ask for money from individuals under any circumstances to lure them with employment opportunities either in our company or outside. If you receive any offer that purports to be from Codesign Technologies Inc., which ask for money, these types of offers are fraudulent.
Warning signs of recruitment fraud the following are some examples of recruitment fraud which are in violation of Codesign Technologies’ processes and ethical practices:
- The email is not sent from an official Codesign Technologies e-mail address but from a free e-mail service such as: Hotmail, Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc. It is also possible that, the email is sent from a fake email address which may use our company’s similar name as a domain.
- You are asked to disclose private or confidential information.
- You are asked to be interviewed over the phone or via an instant-messenger type program.
- You are requested to pay fees/money.
- You are requested to complete bogus recruitment documentations such as an application or employment forms, training (the Codesign Technologies Inc. name and logo could be forged/fabricated and featured on the documentation without authority).
- Insistence on urgency.
- Money will be requested for processing Job, Work, Training application or the like.
Such actions are presumably intended to defraud or obtain personal information from the victims. The activities of these individuals involve criminal and civil liabilities. While Codesign Technologies Inc. takes such matter seriously and reserves its right to contact competent law enforcement agencies to investigate and prosecute such illegal activities, it is often difficult to locate and prosecute these individuals.
Therefore, if you receive a request, either in writing or verbally, for an interview or a job offer that you believe is or might be fraudulent or suspicious, please disregard them. You may also verify the same with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you come to know that a fraud is being perpetrated, we encourage to forthwith contact your local police and/or any competent authorities and also to keep us informed by reporting the fraud at email@example.com.
Under no circumstances will Codesign Technologies Inc. be liable or responsible for any loss, damages, expenses or inconvenience resulting from these unauthorized persons and/or activities.